I bought this to replace another one I had. I was having issues with yarn catching in the gears on the other brand. This one is great because the gears are covered. I am very pleased so far. The yarn cakes come out great.
Stanwood Needlecraft - Compact Yarn Ball Winder Hand-Operated YBW-A
- FREE domestic, others calculated at Checkout
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and save
This yarn ball winder (Model YBW-A) makes center pull yarn balls with a capacity of about 4 oz. The clamp-on base allows it to be firmly fixed at the edges of tables, chairs, benches, or any other convenient locations. The maximum thickness of table that this can clamp on to is about 1 3/4". It is best to be used with a swift yarn winder (Umbrella or Amish style, both available under Stanwood Needlecraft brand names). But you can easily replace a swift with other devices or just simply your arms. The craftsmanship on these ball winders is superior. In comparison to our model YBW-B, this winder is smoother and makes less noise while winding.
Some general features are listed below
- CENTER-PULL YARN BALL, our yarn winder creates yarn balls with the string that can be pull from the center, making your knitting sessions convenient and neat.
- COMPACT, when assembled, our ball winder is just slightly larger than two 16-ounce coffee mug side to side. Our ball winder weighs less than a pound but holds up to 4 ounces of yarn.
- QUIET, every single gear and rotating join is lubricated to ensure smooth and quiet operation.
- COMPLETE SHROUD, we realized a long time ago that any exposed gears will eat yarn, so we have completely covered all the gears.
- TOOL-LESS SETUP, we thought about how frustrating it is to organize your yarn collection, so we designed our winder to be set up without any hassle, so you can wind faster.
The cogwheels of our ball winder are fully sealed so they will never eat your yarn.
89 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I normally wind my yarn without a ball winder, but this unit runs really smoothly, and I am impressed. It is making a nice addition to my arsenal of yarn tools.
Delivery of my order was fairly quick and customer service is also prompt. Loving my new winder. It winds cakes up beautifully.
I will recommend Stanwood to others.
Great product, quick shipping.
I bought this yarn ball winder for my granddaughter for Christmas, and she loves it! She is very pleased with the shape of the balls of yarn after the yarn is wound.
Product was delivered on time and my wife really liked the way the product performed
Prior to purchasing a yarn winder, I did some research. Seemed like the Stanwood was the only way to go. Glad I followed the reviews. Delivery was fast..........love it.
I'm so happy with my yarn winder. It works so much better than the (very) cheap one I purchased elsewhere. And the service from Stanwood was exemplary. If only all my Christmas purchases had arrived as promptly. Thank you.
I really love this ball winder. I thought I didn't need one for all these years I've been knitting but suddenly I had like 100 skeins (or so) to wind up and at this price, it made it possible! But comparing it to the one in my lys, it's just much sturdier, prettier and better. And much less $. Very very pleased, I love to use it.