This is my first ball winder and I love it. What a great difference it makes time-wise. Why did I wait this long to buy this great contraption?
Stanwood Needlecraft - Compact Yarn Ball Winder Hand-Operated YBW-A
- Calculated at Checkout
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and save
This yarn ball winder (Model YBW-A) makes center pull yarn balls with a capacity of about 4 oz. The clamp-on base allows it to be firmly fixed at the edges of tables, chairs, benches, or any other convenient locations. The maximum thickness of table that this can clamp on to is about 1 3/4". It is best to be used with a swift yarn winder (Umbrella or Amish style, both available under Stanwood Needlecraft brand names). But you can easily replace a swift with other devices or just simply your arms. The craftsmanship on these ball winders is superior. In comparison to our model YBW-B, this winder is smoother and makes less noise while winding.
Some general features are listed below
- CENTER-PULL YARN BALL, our yarn winder creates yarn balls with the string that can be pull from the center, making your knitting sessions convenient and neat.
- COMPACT, when assembled, our ball winder is just slightly larger than two 16-ounce coffee mug side to side. Our ball winder weighs less than a pound but holds up to 4 ounces of yarn.
- QUIET, every single gear and rotating join is lubricated to ensure smooth and quiet operation.
- COMPLETE SHROUD, we realized a long time ago that any exposed gears will eat yarn, so we have completely covered all the gears.
- TOOL-LESS SETUP, we thought about how frustrating it is to organize your yarn collection, so we designed our winder to be set up without any hassle, so you can wind faster.
The cogwheels of our ball winder are fully sealed so they will never eat your yarn.
89 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very easy to use ball winder which does a good job. Delivery to Australia was very quick :-)
This ball winder created yarn cakes beautifully. I was delighted with my purchase.
It works ok for plastic-I still don't know which end of the yarn to grab to wind it in a cake-but when I do-it works just fine.
This is my first yarn ball winder and I am very happy with how easily and quickly skeins are turned into balls of yarn. I will be using this a lot.
Some of my knitting friends recommended the Stanwood ball winder. I have a swift and just wound the yarn on my thumb. I was amazed at how this worked. Super fast and even my husband was impressed with it. I don’t know why I waited so long to buy one. I would certainly recommend this. The workmanship and quality is superb.
Very happy with it!
I have just received this yarn winder and I have to say it is working great. Since it is so new if anything goes wrong I will post the results.
They are literally bribing me to post a review! An 8 % discount if I post a review. Outrageous! And too bad, because the product is pretty good, but this kind of virtual bribery is NOT ACCEPTABLE, and I will make no further purchases from this company!