My Stanwood winder works great. So much better than the last winder I had.
Stanwood Needlecraft - Large Metal Yarn Ball Winder 10 oz - Heavy Duty
- FREE domestic, others calculated at Checkout
For sale is a jumbo size metal ball winder. This model is custom made by us under the brand name of "Stanwood Needlecraft". The quality of this machine is amazing!! It is built to last. In comparison to competitors' models, our model has the following advantages:
(1) REINFORCED NYLON GEAR, our specific gears are designed to be both durable and flexible. Tough enough to handle high-speed winding, soft enough to ensure the gear noise is at an absolute minimum.
(2) TOOL-LESS SETUP, trying to find a wrench to set up to wind is annoying, so we designed our winder to be set up without any hassle, so you can wind faster.
(3) ULTRA HEAVY DUTY, our yarn winder is constructed from 3-millimeter-thick steel with rust-resistant powder coating to ensure it will stay in place so you can organize your yarns quickly and safely.
(4) 10 OUNCE CAPACITY, our winder can handle more than 2 times the yarn a conventional winder can handle, which can reduce your workload by half.
(5) CENTER-PULL YARN BALL, our yarn winder creates yarn balls with the string that can be pull from the center, making your knitting sessions convenient and neat
We are very proud to offer this large model. It can handle about 10 oz. of yarn, which is 2.5 times of what our smaller winder does. The winder can be clamped onto a table up to 2 1/8" thick. The picture shows how it handles an 11-oz yarn ball (yarn not included in this sale).
If you bought your yarn in hanks, you need a swift to wind it into a ball as shown in the following video:
If you bought your yarn in skeins, you can directly wind it into a ball without the assistance of a swift as shown:
690 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very sturdy and easy to use.
This is the best ball winder in the world!!! I did 5 skeins of very slippery rayon metallic yarn in a fraction of the time it would have taken with my old winder. It has already paid for itsself.
It's made my disaster of a yarn pile organized and less yarn barfy
I purchased this as an upgrade to my previous (smaller) yarn ball winder. It's fantastically designed and a pleasure to use.
I enjoy using this ball winder. It is easy to assemble, and it can handle the giant balls of yarn very efficiently. Great purchase!
Received very quickly, nice packaging. It works effortlessly and soundlessly, I could wind my yarn in the middle of the night. Beautiful finishes. I'm so happy I didn't go for a cheap Asian version. Extremely pleased. thank you!
It's a sturdy product
No problems with the yarn coming out of the carriers.
so much better than the winder I have been using
I am really pleased with your yarn winder
I am very happy with my yarn winder. The metal frame is sturdy and well constructed. I like the large spool as it allows me to create skeins much larger than smaller plastic winders. I'm confident I could wind any yarn with this winder.
There is some noise within the gears. It sounds like wax paper between the wheels or something. I've gotten use to it and besides, it's not very noticeable anyway.
I appreciated being able to have my order shipped through the post office. Thank you!